The unexplored, untamed North East trip

Hi to all travel-bug bitten Brothers & Sisters!

North East!!!!
Are you nuts?
Marr na hey khya??
Aur kahi nahi mila jane ko?
Did you know....??
the ULFAs kidnap people and kill them!!! BODOs are also active in there, and they will surely catch u if the ULFAs miss you!

Blah...blah....blah...

Heard these and more for the last 1 month.
Anyways plan has been made, Friends have volunteered., Leaves have been sanctioned.., and tickets have been booked. Most importantly, obtained the ILP also!!!

Ab kaun mai ka laal hume rok sak tha hey???

So that was it!
After planning for more than a month. Consulting with friends, kind tour agents and others we started our North East tour on 15th March 2008.

This 'we' consisted of myself, my colleagues Prem, Rahul, Gokul from Gurgaon and my ex-colleague Apoorv from Bangalore. Eventhough the region was common, each of us had our intentions about the trip!

Prem wanted to meet the Rhinos in their own land!

Gokul wanted to see his school where he did his LKG or UKG (I think memories of a kindergarten love is haunting him these days!!!)

Apoorv also had simillar plans (minus the kindergarten flame) since he too had spent some of his history in the North East.

To be honest, I didnt know whats Rahul had in mind when he also joined the gang! (Later I knew he is also a 'travelbug bitten gone case' like me!)

And as for me, I had to cover all the places in my 2008 wishlist!

When we started, our plan was as follows:

Date Description

15-Mar All meet in airport by 2:00 PM and take a taxi to Tezpur.
Reach Tezpur in the evening, checkin any hotel and take rest.

16-Mar Taxi to Tawang. On the way visit Tipi orchidarium and other places of interest
Reach Tawang in the evening, checkin Govt Tourist lodge and take rest.

17-Mar Sightseeing in Tawang & Overnight stay in Tawang

18-Mar Sightseeing in Tawang & Overnight stay in Tawang

19-Mar Taxi to Tezpur. After reaching Tezpur, Go directly to Kaziranga National Park.
Reach Kaziranga in the evening, checkin at Aranya Lodge (865/day) and take rest

20-Mar Early Morning elephant safari. After breakfast Jeep Safari.
Start to Shillong
Reach Shillong in the night. Checkin any hotel and take rest

21-Mar Take a taxi to Cherrapunjee and come back in the evening. Over night stay in Shillong

22-Mar Sightseeing in Shillong.
Start to Guwahati
Checkin any hotel and take rest.

23-Mar Take a taxi to Guwahati Airport and catch the flights back home.


I'll try to describe our North East experiences daywise in the coming days.
Thanks for all your comments and encouragements!

Praveen Antony Felix

Comments

  1. waiting for more updates. was impressed with the photo's

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant wait for the next update...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose you guys have not enjoyed a much of North East.........especially Arunachal. If you liked the trip Plan other time and Give some more time to it. Thats my suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dai Srini, Bals ... I can see your impatience!!! :-) ANyways your prayers have been answered!

    Thanks drift away!

    Saibya, We did have a wonderful time in North East! You are right Arunachal is one of the beautiful yet unexplored treassure of India and one day I'll surely come back!
    Thanks a lot for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Common Buddy, why don't you upload some photos. I miss my Birth place a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Saibya,

    You didn't see the snapz...????
    Pls checkout the newer posts..
    Though it took very long to complete the travelogue, I believe I have updated everything here.

    Pls let me know if u r unable to view other posts..

    Praveen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Contact Me

Journey to Tawang

Chakrata - A wonderful destination - if the climate is good!