Planning a last trip in the North - Shoja or Mukteshwar

"Maama.. (thats what I am called these days) plan a trip somewhere in the hills after May 5th. I am becoming a bachelor once again (for a few days) as my wife and kid is going home on 5th!!!" Shoyeb declared 2 weeks ago.

He added, "and make sure that, we will be going in my car as its been a long time I took it for any trips"

Fine! I too needed a break as the Knowledge Transfer process in the office was driving me crazy. The last 2 weeks were very tiresome and the recharge from the Chakrata trip was almost gone!

"Sure lets plan a trip to the hills!" May be this could be my last chance to see the Himalayas before moving to Chennai.

After a lot of google-ing we decided to go to Shoja in Himachal Pradesh, a lesser known destination where
there is nothing to do. Just relax and enjoy the beauty of the nature for 2 days!

I begged my Manager for a 1 day off so that we can make this tri day trip on 7,8,9 May 2010. Initially he agreed as I had already completed the Knowledge Transfer and I was not a 'critical resource' any more. However fate had other plans for me and I was asked to give KT for one more person just 1 week before my relieving date.

"You are a Critical Resource for us once again, So please forget your friday's leave request...!" told my manager.

All planning and arrangements for Shoja collapsed and crashed in front of my eyes and I felt so bad.I didn't know what I was going to tell others waiting outside my manager's cabin. I silently went to Shoyeb and Prashant and told them what happened. Though disappointed they consoled me and Prashant wrote a mail to all...

Checkout the mail chain that went to and fro and the decisions taken in 2-3 hrs...





From: PANDA PRASHANT
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 11:27 AM
To: FELIX PRAVEEN ANTONY; PATHAN SHOYEB; SAHOO RAJESH KUMAR; RUIKAR RAHUL A; PARAMALA VARUN; NAYAK ASHUTOSH; DUBEY JAY PRAKASH; KUMAR HIMANSHU H; ARYA SANDEEP KUMAR; ANKIT AGARWAL
;
Subject: RE: Me, Myself and My Journey - IMP
Dear All,
Sorry to Inform You all ..Due to unavoidable circumstances We have to Cancel our trip..
But don’t worry journey never Ends !!!

Thanks & Kind Regards,
Prashant Panda




From: FELIX PRAVEEN ANTONY
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 1:07 PM
To: PANDA PRASHANT; PATHAN SHOYEB; SAHOO RAJESH KUMAR; RUIKAR RAHUL A; PARAMALA VARUN; NAYAK ASHUTOSH; DUBEY JAY PRAKASH; KUMAR HIMANSHU H; ARYA SANDEEP KUMAR;
ANKIT AGARWAL;
Subject: RE: Me, Myself and My Journey - IMP
Thanks Prashant,

Gentlemen,
I am really sorry to be the reason of this cancellation.

However, I would request you all to consider a 2 days trip if possible.
What say guys???

Warm Regards,

Praveen Antony Felix Gurgaon, India


From: PATHAN SHOYEB
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 1:09 PM
To: FELIX PRAVEEN ANTONY; PANDA PRASHANT; SAHOO RAJESH KUMAR; RUIKAR RAHUL A; PARAMALA VARUN; NAYAK ASHUTOSH; DUBEY JAY PRAKASH; KUMAR HIMANSHU H; ARYA SANDEEP KUMAR;
ANKIT AGARWAL;
Subject: RE: Me, Myself and My Journey - IMP

I am in for it...but for any place which would be a bit cooler than Delhi :)



From: SAHOO RAJESH KUMAR
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 1:10 PM
To: PATHAN SHOYEB; FELIX PRAVEEN ANTONY; PANDA PRASHANT; RUIKAR RAHUL A; PARAMALA VARUN; NAYAK ASHUTOSH; DUBEY JAY PRAKASH; KUMAR HIMANSHU H; ARYA SANDEEP KUMAR;
ANKIT AGARWAL;
Subject: RE: Me, Myself and My Journey - IMP
I am in toooooo.....


From: KUMAR HIMANSHU H
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 1:11 PM
To: SAHOO RAJESH KUMAR; PATHAN SHOYEB; FELIX PRAVEEN ANTONY; PANDA PRASHANT; RUIKAR RAHUL A; PARAMALA VARUN; NAYAK ASHUTOSH; DUBEY JAY PRAKASH; ARYA SANDEEP KUMAR;
ANKIT AGARWAL;
Subject: RE: Me, Myself and My Journey - IMP

he he he he he ...koi nahi chalo

From: PATHAN SHOYEB
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 1:16 PM
To: KUMAR HIMANSHU H; SAHOO RAJESH KUMAR; FELIX PRAVEEN ANTONY; PANDA PRASHANT; RUIKAR RAHUL A; PARAMALA VARUN; NAYAK ASHUTOSH; DUBEY JAY PRAKASH; ARYA SANDEEP KUMAR;
ANKIT AGARWAL;
Subject: RE: Me, Myself and My Journey - IMP
I would suggest lets start on Fri night for Mukteshwar...what say guys??


From: ARYA SANDEEP KUMAR
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 1:25 PM
To: PATHAN SHOYEB; KUMAR HIMANSHU H; SAHOO RAJESH KUMAR; FELIX PRAVEEN ANTONY; PANDA PRASHANT; RUIKAR RAHUL A; PARAMALA VARUN; NAYAK ASHUTOSH; DUBEY JAY PRAKASH;
ANKIT AGARWAL;
Subject: RE: Me, Myself and My Journey - IMP

Muhhahahahahaa
Lets GO
I am in :)

Best Regards,
Sandeep

From: PANDA PRASHANT
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 1:50 PM
To: ARYA SANDEEP KUMAR; PATHAN SHOYEB; KUMAR HIMANSHU H; SAHOO RAJESH KUMAR; FELIX PRAVEEN ANTONY; RUIKAR RAHUL A; PARAMALA VARUN; NAYAK ASHUTOSH; DUBEY JAY PRAKASH;
ANKIT AGARWAL;
Subject: RE: Me, Myself and My Journey - IMP

Hello Guys Welcome Back Again!!
As I said Journey Never Ends!!!! …J
It will Cont…

Thanks & Kind Regards,
Prashant Panda




Other Lazy fellows Rahul, Ankit and Ashu silently nodded their approval. They were ready for anything!



So we were back in business in just 3 hrs... and we decided to visit Mukteshwar! Shoja will have to wait i guess.. Anyways Mukteshwar turned out to be one of the best trips in the north for me! A perfect ending of My journey in the North : Season 1

All Thanks to my friends...

Comments

  1. Dude can u pls ommit Ashu,s name cos u know as now a days he is so busy attending meetings, reading AE mails,docs and collecting contributions for Pizza parties... Agree for Rahul and Ankit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perefect Start to a script... waiting for a detail ending !!!!Thanks to you and everybody for organising and participating once again to a beautiful trip..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog!Are you a dangerous cook?? I loveee Indian food!!
    http://elaplpite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Many Many Congrats on getting married:)).
    Whr is bhabi Ji pics... Else let me know I will ask Rajesh or Pankaj to send it from banglore....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chakrata - A wonderful destination - if the climate is good!

Journey to Tawang

Contact Me