Valley of Flowers & Hemkund Trek

After 3 months of dormancy from any sort of trekking activities, I decided its time for some action. The infamous "Dilli ki Garmi" was the main culprit behind my inactiveness. And now as monsoon started, so did my traveller instincts!

I went on a trekking spree and in two weeks I did 2 major treks! One to Ratangad Fort in Maharashtra and another to my dream destination, Valley of flowers!

Vof was in my mind for nearly a year. I gathered as much info as i can from the net. I begged, brainwashed and even threatened my friends to join me in my trek to the Valley of flowers in August!

Initially I got huge support from my friends which gradually dropped as the day approached. Finally when the month of Independence day came my friends too had given me total independednce!

I decided to go for it anyway, even if that means going alone. As I said earlier, I had planned this for more than a year. You could say I had dreamed a lot abt this trek; and this was a dream I wasn't ready to let go off!

Comments

  1. hi praveen,
    i too live in gurgaon and planning to trek to valley of flowers around 1stAugust.
    Like you, I don't have any friends who would ready to shake off their comfort zones!
    Could you give me some guidance/information about this whole business, how safe it is to go about it alone.
    I am not a regular trekker.
    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rajveer ji.. I am really sorry for this late reply! Anyways its better late than never done.. Right?

    I can understand your thoughts. But don't worry about others. If you have the time and resources, pack yur bag and set off. But its a must that you do a bit of homework b4 starting. Gather as much info from net and travel communities abt the place and other details. Theres nothing to worry yaar!

    Pls feel free to write to me anytime if u need any info abt any place i've visited.

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chakrata - A wonderful destination - if the climate is good!

Journey to Tawang

Contact Me