Vof & Hemkund Trek - Day 3 - (Valley Of Flowers)

Day 3: Aug 13 2007
5:00 AM
Ghangeria

My Alarm woke me up at 5 and I was ready by 5:30 AM. Anurag was waiting for me with the news Michelle's still not well! That meant, they wont be doing the trek till 9 or 10 AM. I told him to try to come as early as possible and left. Anurag accompanied me till the entry to Vof and then he went back.

It was too early and I saw myself entering the park with 4 Japaneese people armed with hi-tech cameras! I knew I am just an amateur infront of them!

The ticket to Vof is 50/- After registering my name and adress, I walked into the park. I wondered how far I shud go? Would I get lost? Will it rain today also? But as sun started to rise and the scenery around me became visible, I stopped worrying and started enjoying the views.

What lay before me was awesome. The path, mountains on both sides, forest, river, glacier, small bridges across the streams, and beautiful flowers.. I kept clicking snaps on every step. Since it was raining all night, the sky was clear today. And the views were terrific! It was 9:00 when I was near the final resting place of Joan Margrett Legge an European botanist who fell down and passed away while doing some reaserch in the Vof. After clicking some more snaps, I decided to return.

I was happy I made it this far. I felt like shouting aloud like Leonardo deCaprio in Titanic! "I am the king of the world" and guess what...... I did it!

While returning, I decided that one day I'll surely come back to the Valley of Flowers. I dont know when it is going to be.. But I am sure I will!

On my way back, I met most of my friends I saw the previous day! Unfortunatly, it started to drizzle and thick fog covered the surrounding mountains! I was back at the entrance of Vof by 11:00 AM and I started my trek to Hemkund sahib.












































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chakrata - A wonderful destination - if the climate is good!

Journey to Tawang

Contact Me