Vof & Hemkund Trek - Day 1

Day 1: Aug 11 2007
7:45: AM
Haridwar

I was lucky to find a Badrinath bound GMOU bus at 8:00 AM. After settling down on my seat, I started wondering abt my next 4 or 5 days. Who knows what lies ahead? I had planned this for the last 1 yr. I know the name of places byheart. Anyways, why should I worry abt all the 4 days today itself? Today's mission is to reach Joshimath in the evening, and checkin in GMVN guest house. So let me enjoy the views on the way to Joshimath.

The bus started at 8:30 AM and passing Rishikesh, Shivpuri, Byasi, Devprayag, and many more Prayags reached Joshimat around 7:30 PM. It was raining in some places and sunny in some places. I even started wondering if my decision not to carry my jacket was a wrong one. But later I realised that it was ok! Not that cold! Also, the long bus journey was not that bad, like most of us think!

Getting down in Joshimath, I asked around and found the new GMVN Guest house and checked in. After taking bath, went out for an evening walk and took my dinner of Roti and Channa Masala in a dhaba. Then watched some local news abt rains and landslides between rishikesh and Joshimath, I went to sleep.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chakrata - A wonderful destination - if the climate is good!

Journey to Tawang

Contact Me