Vof & Hemkund Trek - Day 5 (Back in the concrete jungle)

Day 5: Aug 15 2007
Delhi

Before dozzing off, I was trying to recollect all that happened before & during the trek and all the people I met! I was happy I did this trek. I got a lot of time all to myself. To think a lot, to understand a lot, To learn a lot!

I learnt a lot in this trek! I met many good people, many like-minded souls! Not even a single moment I felt lonely! (though I wished my friends were with me to enjoy these beautiful places) I always had the feeling I was at home!

There was also a sence of achievement! The realization that I could do anything if I really wanted to to! (even if that means I am alone!!) gave me great satisfaction!

It was 7 AM we had crossed Mohan Nagar when I woke up. When we entered Delhi, Army was waiting with loaded guns and policemen were busy diverting the traffic (Independence day security!) It was 9AM when I got down at ISBT. As soon as I started walking towards the metro, some 4 or 5 auto drivers came to me and were trying to convince me to take their auto!

I said "no thanks" I am taking the metro.
They looked at me like I am from outer space and said "Dont you know today is Aug 15th and Metro is on leave!"
I should say I almost fell for it.. But that moment I saw a metro entering the ISBT terminal!
After giving them a hard look I said "Azzadi mubaarak!" with a smug I walked towards the metro station!
Welcome to the REAL jungle!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journey to Tawang

Contact Me

Chakrata - A wonderful destination - if the climate is good!