Vof & Hemkund Trek - Day 0

Day 0: Aug-10-2007
7:30 PM:

Oh God! I am half an hr late! (yeah.. yeah.. I can hear you guys... "Whats new in it". Right?). Anyways I have around "Two and a Half" hrs to reach Old Delhi Rly station and catch MUSSOORIE EXP! So why should I worry?

However, after reaching Kapashera and searching for a less crowded bus with a window seat for more than 20 mins, I did start to worry a little! Finally I got my window seat in a bus that within 5 mins became a crowded (sorry.. its 'over-crowded'!) bus. It was showing 8:15 in my mobile when our driver decided to start the bus! Thank God! Atlast! Shall I sound the bugle for informing the start of my journey?

Wait a min! Whats that? Traffic jam! Oh god! Not now!!!

After listening to a dozen latest hits, hundreds of ads and many requests from Sheela Dixit to Delhi people to drive Safely and Sensibly on various FM stations, we had reached just MahipalPur at 9:00! One more hr to go! All sorts of pictures started flashing in my mind, Myself sitting in the Old Delhi Railway station after missing the train! Getting a night bus to Haridwar/Even hijakking this bus and threatening the driver to take me to Haridwar! After all it was his fault! Shud I go somewhere else...?

By 9:30 PM, I decided to try the 'universally applicable ultimate backup plan'! "Our Father · Who art in Heaven · Hallowèd be Thy name..."

Did the driver stop/slow down in my stop? I dont know. Because I literally jumped out and started running to the station. Later when I boarded the running train in the last moment and confirming its the MUSSOORIE EXP to Haridwar with a couple of passengers, I couldnt help smiling to myself..

What a start! Dont you think?
But this happens all the time with me!
:-(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chakrata - A wonderful destination - if the climate is good!

Journey to Tawang

Contact Me